Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2011 14:00

L502X Card Reader unresponsive

I used my laptop's card reader for the first time in the few months I've had it yesterday to discover that it does nothing. I set folder options to show all drives in My Computer (even empty ones) and while my disc drive appeared, my sd card reader did not. I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled drivers from dell and Jmicron (the manufacturer) for l502x and l702x lord knows how many times, and still it defiantly does nothing when I plug in a card (despite device manager showing that the host controller is working fine and Microsoft fix it saying nothing was wrong save for my lack of about 100 random HP printer drivers). I also made sure the sd card isn't faulty by checking on a friend's computer. 

I looked in disk management, and only my dvd drive shows up in removable storage. I also opened up the back and saw that the pins on the reader do connect, and that the connection to the MB looks perfectly fine. I don't know why device manager recognizes that a device is there (when I uninstall drivers and restart, it tells me about it and redownloads them), but in all other cases I cannot prove that I even have an SD card reader; basically outside of Device manager, I can't even get the thing to exist. 

I am under warranty still, but I am also at university so it's a bit of a challenge to get the thing serviced. 

Any help

2 Posts

October 30th, 2011 16:00

bumping this

3 Posts

May 8th, 2014 14:00

a few years later... this Dell L502X worked just fine yesterday reading both a 32 and 64 GB mini in a SD holder... today it doesn't recognize the drive or respond. I reinstalled the Jmicron driver without success. Searching Yahoo and Google for a hopeful response so I can take advantage of the faster connection. Otherwise I'll have to connect the camera and phone directly to the USB ports.

No Events found!