Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2009 18:00

Lap top does not start

Hi, I'm new to this type of forum only because I could not wait on my phone any more than 1 hour for a service respons, so I decided to give this forum a go!

I have an Inspiron 1720 Lap Top  and I was playing  a DVD  yesterday and all of a sudden the power went down and everything stopped working. When I attempted to turn the comp... back on there was no power. the battery is charged and the transformer was on and plugged in. I tested the transformer and without plugging it into the comp.. the green light on the transformer stayed on, when I plugged the lead into the comp.. the green light instantly went off.

Has this problem been experienced by any one else and can any one suggest as to what do I do to rectify it?

I am not happy as this comp... is about 15 months old and I have probably used it foe a max of 20 hours over this  time.

Thanking you Petelyn1

14 Posts

August 23rd, 2009 19:00

Your laptop has a hardware problem, I had one with the exact same symptopms. The repair sheet wrote "P-H card replaced" nothing more, nothing less.

My advice

Check if your computer's specs to see if it has the Ageia Phys-x card. If it does take it off that's propably it (check for a video on how to disassemble the laptop on youtube). check if your computer powers on, if not, replace motherboard, graphics card or palmrest

No Events found!