Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 20th, 2014 10:00

Laptop Dell xps 1640 does not boot or "start"

Hi all :) My laptop has been broken more month ago. It was a usual day, but I went to another city for a day . Therefore, I left my laptop at home on the table and, of course, I turned off him from the electricity. But, when I came to home at night, my laptop cannot boot or start (this is the problem). I didn’t see even bios splash screen. I have tried all variant to boot (start) him (only with battery; connect to power through adapter; and both at the same time) but nothing helped.

First, I called next day to my friend, which has knowledge in this sphere and he took  laptop for the fixing up problem. After 4 days he was give me a working laptop, but problem was not found. I asked him what he done, and he answered: I just remove the dust from the laptop. However, I know it is not true, because I did the same before laptop was broken every quarter. I think, the laptop just lying at the table for a few days.

I had working all the evening and I went to sleep at the night, so I turned off my laptop. The problem came back the next morning, when I tried to turn on the laptop. I was so sad….

Therefore, I decide to copy data to another computer and record video of the problem before go to the local service center (In my city, there is no official Dell service center). They gave me working laptop after few weeks, but again the problem was not found. The master said me: we disassembled and reassembled laptop and not found the problem. It could be a micro crack on the motherboard.

So now, my laptop is working with undiagnosed problem. I am afraid to turn off and to move the laptop (even on the table). But if I cannot do this, it's not a laptop, it's just a home desktop.

At the video which I recorded one of you can see the symptoms of the problem:

1) The first is led indicator under the keyboard.  As usual they are playing (flashing) all of them like in this video  from 3:20 to 3:23 minutes. In my video, the indicators are not playing. Look from 0:00 to 0:40 minutes.

2) The second is the noise at the processor (look this photo) like metronome – every seconds while I hold the power button. You can hear it from 1:21 to 1:27 on my video.

I found some videos about the similar situation, but I am not sure that is the same problem.

The temporary method to fix the problem with GPU on motherboard:

1. first one

2. second one

I ask to dell support community to help me:

- to diagnose problem by story's facts and video evidence;

- to describe the cause of the boot problem;

- to describe what I have to do to fix this problem (hardware or software).

P.S. Sorry for my English...

No Responses!
No Events found!