Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2014 03:00

Laptop - Insipiron 15Z 5523 - Screen is blank and not responsive - Not Initializing

Hello,

I'm facing the similar issue on my laptop Insipiron15Z 5523.

Before the issue got popped up, i was ran into waves in the screen and it was persisted for more than a minute so i thought of something went wrong and made forced Shut down by long pressing the power button.

Enclosed the image for quick diagnostics.

Then again i was attempted to switch on my lap,following odd things happened.

1.After switching on, LED lights of Power button,favorites,Music were flashed - usual - nothing got worked.

2.Not got any response, after sometime i heard long beep sound at equal intervals without gap.

3.Beep sound never shuts down and i press the power button in single stroke,machine got switched(not long press)

4.Next time i was attempt to run for diagnostics mode like pressing the F2 & F3 button,no use.

My Laptop is non responsive and am not getting any indications on my screen.

Expecting for the earlier reply.

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 11th, 2014 21:00

Hi Harishasequine,

The Inspiron 5523/15z has an option of a reset button. You just need to use a paper clip or safety pin to reset the system by inserting the pointed end into the reset hole underneath the notebook.

Note:

• Resetting the system causes unsaved data to be lost.
  • The reset option will not reset the notebook or operating system to factory settings.
  • Pressing the reset button switches the system off.

Also, we will have to perform the ‘LCD BIST’ (Built in Self-test) on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD BIST’.

1. Turn of the computer.
  2. Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button.
  3. You will see different colors on the LCD screen. Please check if the issue reoccurs on the screen.

In addition, please connect the system to an external monitor and check if the issue reoccurs.

December 11th, 2014 22:00

G'Day Ravi,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have tried with the "RESET" button which you advised above and also followed the below.

After i have searching over in the Dell community, i have found out some replies and suggestions like above.

Steps i have followed below.

1. After i switched on the machine and waited for some moment(say 2 mins approx), i heard the 4 beep sounds at equal interval.

The suggestions provided in the Dell Community is: "Memory read / write failure".

For memory failure, in service manual for dell insipiron 15z 5523, advised to place memory modules correctly.I have removed and replaced the 2 RAMS and placed it again.Perhaps this could fix the issue and followed the same.

But No use.

2.After i read to run the Diagnostics mode, so i did the same by pressing buttons "FN + Power button",it have entered into the diagnostics mode, luckily the screen is working and went for the scan process.

Quite after sometime, the screen went in to waves(which i have shown already in my first post)exactly and the system got hanged.i was not able to anything, so forced shutdown by long pressing the power button.

3.Then after sometime i tried again again luckily it got worked and successfully logged into my profile, but that also last for sometime.

Again the wave like screen appears and got continues appears on the same screen so i switched off the machine.

So it still giving the same 4 beeps sounds if i go in normal mode without pressing the FN button.

Please advise on the same and what could be the reason.

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 23rd, 2014 11:00

Hi Harishasequine,

Sorry for the delayed response. Please let me know the results of the LCD BIST and check if the external display is showing up the same screen.

December 23rd, 2014 22:00

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the response.

I have found out the issue and now working fine.

Out of 8GB RAM(4GB*2), one of the RAM have gone and after tried with the replacing one over other,i found out.

Being my machine have not used extensively and a year old, but the RAM went off.

Very poor Quality of RAM and i never expect from this from DELL.

Manufacturer of RAM is "NANYA", which i never heard of this ever.

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 24th, 2014 03:00

Nan Ya is one of the largest DRAM manufacturers in the world - you may not have heard of it, but as is the case with many electronics companies, you've used products sold by others that were made by Nan Ya.  It's part of Formosa Plastics, one of the largest chemical/electronics manufacturing companies in the world.

No Events found!