Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

February 19th, 2017 14:00

Laptop Inspiron 15 7000 Series - Touch Screen Stop Working

Hi all, I hope you can help me here.

I have bought a Laptop Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series an year ago, and almost 2 months ago, sometimes the tablet mode did not work so well as while turning it back to laptop (by turning the screen), it stays in tablet mode. Never mind i managed to continue using and disabling the automatic mode change. However last week stopped working at all, and now i see that the touch screen is not respoinding either, even when you touch it you would see that is reacting but now nothing.

I tried to reinstall Windows 10, check drivers, uninstall them are reinistalling but  ( not able to take out the battery as is not possible in this model) and still is not working.

Can you please help?

Thanks

Thanks for helping me..

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Look in the control panel under Pen and Touch.  If you don't see a touchscreen listed, it may be the connection has come loose or the cable is damaged -- you'll need to remove the base cover and check the connection between the screen and mainboard.

The service manual you need depends on the model you have - is it  a 7778, 7737, 7779 etc.)?

11 Posts

Yes it is a 7568. I have checked again the pen and touch menu, and for example if i click on Calibrate, when you have check where the crosses are , it is not responding. I will check what you have suggested, but I doubt it as i did not move it much, it was always in the same desktop. But anyway it can happen.

No Events found!