Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2013 09:00

Laptop beeping and not booting

Hello there everyone, I've recently been having alot of issues with my dell. First one is lagging. 4 days, I noticed a problem with my online games and Laptop games too. They started lagging a bit. Most noticeably online. I didn't install/download any new programs. Second one is the beeping. 2 days ago, I put my laptop on standby mode as usual. Next day I wake up and try to turn it on, it keeps on beeping. This problem happened before but it was simply fixed by rebooting the laptop w/o the battery OR the charger. Only 1 source of power. This time, I tried rebooting it over 20 times. Worked after a long time and alot of reboots. Next day, I restarted my laptop. Wouldn't restart, and the screen doesn't open. So I tried the same thing hoping it could work. Didn't work until a day later (which is right now). It usually beeps 3 times then closes or something like that. (Maybe because of the low battery but it beeps for a really long time). So are there any suggestions? I checked the forums but I wasn't sure of the number the laptop beeped and I hope if someone could help me with the lag issue too. Thanks. PS: if you might say that the lag is because someone else is using the same internet or that it changed in anything, the internet is the same and hasn't undergone any changed. However, priority goes to the beeping so please help me. 

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

August 15th, 2013 09:00

Hi Illuminatic,

May I know the exact system model number of the computer.

I would suggest you to run the Dell Diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ‘Diagnostics’ from the boot menu.

Please share the findings.

August 15th, 2013 10:00

If I restart, it won't boot up. This is the only source I have for now.

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

August 15th, 2013 10:00

Hi Illuminatic,

Please share the exact system model.

Also, try to drain the residual power from the laptop:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer.
  • Then remove the adapter and the battery.
  • Press and hold the power button for 10-20 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter.
  • Try to restart the computer and check.

August 15th, 2013 11:00

Where can I find the system model, and if I reboot the computer, or do as you say, it won't open again. I barely booted it this time after over 30 reboots whether by unplugging power or shutting it down from the shutdown button.

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

August 16th, 2013 12:00

Hi Illuminatic,

You may boot into BIOS to get the system model. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F2' key on the Dell logo. This will take you to the BIOS screen. Please look for the model no.

You can also find the model no. on the invoice.

Also, try running the diagnostics using the alternate method:

• Power off the computer
  • Press and hold the 'Fn' key, while the button is pressed and held, press the power button
  • This should initiate the diagnostics

Awaiting your response.

No Events found!