Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2016 08:00

Latest bios XPS9550

With the latest bios XPS_9550_1.2.10.exe, my laptop gets a problem, on brigtness lower than 50% brightness goes up and down for a halfsecond, and in windows brightness level is the same on two lower positions. Same thing with brightness flicker when im in bios(not a windows bug)

Downgraded bios and problem gone my service tag(DQYN562)

62 Posts

August 7th, 2016 16:00

This is indeed a known issue and has been reported here before. It seems like they were too quick to release this BIOS version.

Apparently tech support is aware about this since they recommended me to roll back to the previous version while on the phone as well. I take it this means they are looking into it and can expect another BIOS update soon(ish).

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

August 8th, 2016 11:00

This is indeed a known issue and has been reported here before. It seems like they were too quick to release this BIOS version.

Apparently tech support is aware about this since they recommended me to roll back to the previous version while on the phone as well. I take it this means they are looking into it and can expect another BIOS update soon(ish).

I'm a bit sceptical as to whether they are actively doing something about it. The BIOS vA10 is still available to download, given the number of reports of issues it should have been pulled. Additionally they haven't directly responded on these forums unlike other posts.

No Events found!