Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2015 08:00

Latitude 7350 2in1 - Battery issues with X7 Machines

Hi i work for a Dell reseller in the U.K we are the biggest Dell re-seller in Europe and we come across laptops from time to time which are broke or DOA. We ring you guys to warranty repair these machines with no problems what so ever. So why is it when i try to repair these 7350's you guys try and make it as hard as possible to do so! If im not getting passed from the tablet team to the laptop team i am having the phone PUT DOWN ON ME TWICE TODAY(05/10/2015). This is not excusable in the first instance but im past the point of caring now and just want these 7 machines fixing ASAP and rightly so as i have 3years NBD Warranty on these. I have tried updating the drivers but fail when i come to update the BIOS as it has to be charged more than 10% but they are not charging past 1%. I have tried various chargers but with no success. Ran diagnostics and it has produced me with error codes 0131 & 0314. I refuse to sit on the phone to you for the best part of 3 hours AGAIN to have the phone put down on me ( hence me making this account!) please can somebody get back to me ? if its not too much trouble for you guys........... thanks a very irritated Business customer  

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 6th, 2015 02:00

Hi,

Please reply us with the exact error message or code you receive while using the AC adapter on the system.

Also, we will need to determine if the issue is with the AC adapter or Battery. We will have to check the status of the adapter in the BIOS; if the adapter is not detected properly the system will continue to receive power but will not charge the battery. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if the adapter is detected properly.

1.   Start the computer by pressing the power button

2.   Press the F2 key 2-3 times you will now be on the BIOS screen.

3.   Under the Main Tab look for the option that says AC Adapter Type

If the Adapter Type says Unknown or None with the adapter plugged in.

4.   Reconnect the adapter to the machine and if the status now shows as Unknown then the AC Adapter needs to be replaced.

October 6th, 2015 02:00

full error codes = 2000-0131 & 2000-0314 . And no its not the chargers. what's next ? 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 11th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

Please private message us the system tag and the region you are located so that I can check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

No Events found!