Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 7th, 2015 08:00

Latitude E7450 error in owners manual for removing base cover

Hello all,

I'm not sure who to send this to. There is an error in the owners manual for the Latitude E7450. To remove the base cover, the manual says to remove the battery, remove the two retaining screws and then pry the base cover off. This is completely incorrect, and will result in a broken base cover. The correct way to remove it is to remove the two retaining screws under the battery, then simply SLIDE the base cover TOWARDS the empty battery compartment, and lift up. No prying necessary.

Prying the cover up will result in breaking off it's little retaining tabs inside. Ask me how I know...

Anyway, if someone from Dell is watching this forum, please get this corrected in the owner's manual. It caused me to damage the base cover on an E7450, breaking off two internal tabs, one of which tore a small hole through the cover.

Also, the owners manual does not mention replacing or upgrading RAM, which is right below the base cover.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 8th, 2015 06:00

Thanks for reporting this.  I've notified the manuals team to change the wording.  I also noted in the link you posted that there's a comment section at the bottom.  Were you able to post your comment there too?

Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

511 Posts

I'll let them know about this and check if this is an actual print error, or a unique situation for you.

1 Rookie

• 

62 Posts

Thanks. I downloaded the manual yesterday from the Manuals link on the E7450 support page:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/latitude-e7450-ultrabook/diagnose?rvps=y

1 Rookie

• 

62 Posts

July 8th, 2015 07:00

I do not see a comment or feedback section on the comments page anywhere. Maybe you see a different page for being a Dell Employee? Anyway, thanks for notifying them. Did you also mention there is nothing in the manual about installing RAM?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 13th, 2015 05:00

Yes, I did.  Hopefully they'll fix that too.

No Events found!