Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 22nd, 2015 20:00

Latitude N4010 - need asistance with hardware

So my motherboard was having problems causing frequent lockups. Other sources were eliminated by swapping components out. So I ordered a replacemdent and accitdentally got the one with the ATI gpu in addition to the std, makng it so the heat sink didn't fit. So I bought te correct heat sink and go to assdemble and find that the video is a different connector: The old a flat ribbon connector where the motherboard has a clamp which comes down on it and the new being a long shallow plug type.

Given that the cable coming from the LCD is the flat ribbon what are my options for getting this working? I am suspecting that the simplest will be a replacement chassis/LCD but would like to hear if I have any opitons.

Old Motherboard: 7ntdg
DA0UM8MB6E0 REV: E

New: (no 7xxxx on it)
DAUM8AMB8D0 REV:D

Cable from LCD:
UMB_LCD_Cable_FPC
DD0UM8LC000 REV: 3A

TIA,

Mike

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 23rd, 2015 04:00

The wiring harness for the AMD/ATI video board is different from the one for Intel:

< >

Once you replace the display cable harness you should be all set.

The other thing to check:  most times, a 65W power adapter is OK for Intel video - it's generally not for AMD or nVidia -- you will want to replace your power supply with a 90W adapter if you've changed to discrete video.

July 28th, 2015 00:00

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to get me that information. I'll have to  check the power supply. If this one is sub-powered, I have literally a couple of dozen of them sitting around, collected over the years.

I am sorry to take so long in replying. I thought I had set things to notify me by email of any responses but I never got one. I just decided to check manually ...

No Events found!