Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2012 09:00

Loss of sound

On connecting via a USB port a SnapMusic Studio 715 audio device I loose all sound from my Inspiron 1750. I have checked settings, run diagnostic checks, loaded SnapMusic and Roxio Easy Audio capture software but cannot identify the problem.  Any suggestions?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 24th, 2012 17:00

That is probably normal. You can only have one audio device, so when you plug in an external device the internal IDT audio system stops working. Connect external speakers or headphones to the usb device to hear it.

January 25th, 2012 02:00

Is it not possible to block the internal IDT audio system so that the laptop speakers connect to the output from the Roxio Easy Media Creator which is used to edit the output from the audio device?  I have tried various settings without success in an attempt to achieve this.  Connecting external speakers to the external device will only result in hearing the unedited version.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 25th, 2012 05:00

I am unfamiliar with your external hardware, but in general, to hear anything through the internal speakers you have to go through the IDT system.

Connecting external speakers to the external device will only result in hearing the unedited version.

I don't know why your application will not play through your usb device. I have a usb SoundBlaster card with external speakers connected to it, and when the usb card is selected as the default playback device then all audio applications play through it such as windows Media Player, Sonar, Winamp, Audacity, etc. However my only Roxio software is the old Easy CD/DVD Creator 6, but that also plays through the usb card okay.

No Events found!