Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 21st, 2016 16:00

M3800 Dead?? Won't Power On - 11 Days AFTER warranty expired

A year ago this month, June 2015, I PURCHASED a  M3800. I emphasize "purchase" as the laptop wasn't shipped until July 20th.    I have had recurring problems with start up from the get go - Sometimes it would start up, sometimes not.  Often times, removing any USB attachments and/or holding down the power button for 10 seconds resolved it.  While it was on, it worked like a champ. LOVED IT!  By Dec 2015 it died. Contacted Dell support, shipped the M3800 back and within 10 days, received my M3800 with a replacement motherboard.  Well, it's now June 21st, 11 days past my warranty  and guess what? DEAD ... Well, not entirely, the power button LED lights up momentarily when I press it.   I've tried multiple solutions, including removing the battery to eliminate static electricity, and still nothing. Any ideas would be seriously appreciated. Thanks heaps! 

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

June 22nd, 2016 04:00

Hi THE SUE,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please follow the steps to troubleshooting from below link to isolate the faulty part:

http://dell.to/28LNNJB

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

No Events found!