Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 7th, 2012 18:00

M6600 Plugged In, not charging

I have a M6600 with Windows 7 x64bit.  While I am in windows, it fails charge.  It says "82% available(plugged in, not charging)".  I tried 3 different power adapters, including port replicator, but it shows same problem.  However, if computer is plugged in, but not in windows, such bios setting, it charges without problem. The bios diagnostics shows that there is no issue with battery or charging.  What could be wrong?  Upgrading to BIOS ver. 9 did not help either.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 7th, 2012 20:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

Can you reseat the battery and try again? Also, can you turn on the laptop with ac adapter only (battery removed)? By any chance do you have a known good battery to test with? Please let me know of the results, so I can guide you to the right direction. Glad to help.

Best Regards,

2 Posts

May 8th, 2012 00:00

Laptop works without battery.  I don't have a good battery to test.  I have one additional information.  Battery charges okay within Windows upto 80-83% then stops.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 9th, 2012 02:00

Okay thanks for that additional information. Since you updated Bios already, can you try draining the battery to less than 7% then charge it again see if it will charge up to 100%.

1 Message

January 29th, 2013 05:00

I am experiencing this exact same problem.  We have tried three different docking stations, 4 different docking station power supplies, two different travel power supplies, and two different batteries.  

I am stuck at 32% battery.  (plugged in, not charging).

I have depleted it all the way until it shut off and recharged (it stops at 32%).  I have depleted below 7% and recharged and it stops at 32% again.  

My IT department is about to completely re-image my machine to rule out software issues and I may lose two days of productivity and possibly some important data.

Any other possible ideas?  We are at a loss for why this is happening less than a year form date of purchase.

Thanks.

1 Message

May 22nd, 2014 04:00

Hallo, I have purchased DELL M6600, and I have same problem - plugged in, but not recharging...

I have update also BIOS to newest version, but problem I have still problem with that. Recharging stop in 55%.....Somebody knows how could be solve this????

16 Posts

March 17th, 2015 09:00

I also have the same problem. I have tried all types of maybe fixes. The note will not charge more than 55%. I have even changed the power setting to balanced, no joy. I build and repair systems and this has me with out an answer. And I have seen no fixes posted. DELL you must have a fix, come on and tell us.

16 Posts

March 23rd, 2015 08:00

I also have the same problem. I have tried all types of maybe fixes. The note will not charge more than 59%. I have even changed the power setting to balanced, no joy. I build and repair systems and this has me with out an answer. And I have seen no fixes posted. DELL you must have a fix, come on and tell us. I checked in the bios and battery health normal????????????

September 22nd, 2015 11:00

Man, this is such a disappointment - this problem goes back many generations for this platform and still dell fails to address the issue.

I work in a Help-Desk; many people are asking for alternatives to Dell machines right now.

Get with the program Dell!

No Events found!