Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 23rd, 2015 04:00

MICROPHONE PROBLEM 15R 5520

I bought a headset ( g230 logitech). I downloaded all drivers for it. My laptop own microphone is working. But  my headset's microphone external doesnt work. My jacks active when i  put it on my laptop. And also i tried my headset other laptops. Its working with others!

I think its problem my conexant drivers. I can send you a lot of screenshots. 

I tried these:

I  formated my computer. 
I set up all drivers from dell websites.
I tried everything on recording settings
My computer's jack are working.
I delete conexant and set-up realteck drivers.

What happen when i affix my microphone.

It cant take my voice. 

Never up my signal.(My microphone is turn on now). This screenshot took after downloaded realteck drivers. Before this i just see one mic on this panel. And when i use my headset it has never signal too. When take off it , my computer has voice signal from my laptop own mic. 

One more thing. When i try to listen my microphone voice, i can hear a bit scratch when i am doing process on my computer. does It take voice inside my laptop's somethings?I SEARCH ON INTERNET A LOT OF FORUMS.I saw the same problems someone but never they can fix it. Please help me!
TY FOR SUPPORT! HAVE A NICE ONE

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 23rd, 2015 06:00

This screenshot took after downloaded realteck drivers.

In the screen shots, the driver that is installed is the Windows native audio driver, not a Realtek audio driver. The external microphone jack will not work with the native driver. You must have the vendor's i (Conexant) audio driver installed for the jack to work.

I don't think you mentioned your operating system. You can go to the Inspiron 15R 5520 htlm page and see all of the available drivers for your model. If you have Windows 7 or 8 you can choose from more than one version of the driver. If you have 8.1 there is only one version -- the one for WB32A/WB64A, which means 8.1. When you try various versions, install the oldest one first.

Also, if your headset has 2 plugs, one for the mic and one for the headphones, you have to plug the mic plug into the laptop's mic jack socket. It will not work at all in the headset socket. That socket is meant for headsets with a single plug that combines both mic and headphones into a single plug.

3 Posts

February 27th, 2015 02:00

Jim firstly thanks your answer .  I was a bit busy .

I installed conextant drivers where  you sent link. But i have the same problem. Can we teamviewer or something?I need to fix this. :(

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 27th, 2015 05:00

Can we teamviewer or something?I

I have that program but am not familiar with using it, so I would rather not.

I installed conextant drivers where  you sent link.

You have not mentioned which operating system you have. If you have Win7 there are 2 driver versions, so try the other one. If you have Win8 there are 3 versions, so try the other 2.

Also try other microphones. The jack uses impedance sensing to detect when a microphone is plugged into the jack, so it might sense some better than others.

When you are looking at the Recording tab, right click on a blank area there to open the context menu and click on "Show disabled" and "Show disconnected" devices.

I am not as familiar with Conexant as I am with the other audio manufacturers that Dell uses, and I don't know exactly what is installed relating to it. Look in the Control Panel to see if you have Conexant Smart Audio control. If so see if there is any setting for the mic.

Or you might have Dell Audio Manager in the Control Panel. If so look for any mic settings.

Also check your BIOS for any mic settings (most of the Dell laptops do not have a mic setting in the BIOS but some do.)

Finally, if nothing else works, perform a system recovery to return your laptop to the original factory configuration. If no mic will work in the jack after that then it is probably hardware failure of the jack.

3 Posts

February 28th, 2015 13:00

My operation system is win7. I tried both of drivers for it. No change.  I have dell audio and their options the same as your pic. (Also i tried others ) 
When i plug in my mic,  my laptops own mic deactive ( i cant see any change on my records settings.) It doesnt get any voice on own mic. BUT  it doesnt get my headset mic too. Like no signal.

I think its problem about my jack . Otherwise i think it isnt. Cause when i plug in  my computer open a window and say "What are you pluging your jack" Microphone or ..... (i dont remember sorry) i tried all of them but NO CHANGE. Just change its image on record devices.Also i can see my jack has mic on my dell audio. 

I AM REALLY CONFUSED. TY JIM BuT I think its over.

No Events found!