Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

August 1st, 2012 21:00

Mini 9 battery problems after OS reload

I have had a Mini 9 since new and I was using it with 7 Ultimate since it was new and had no problems.  Still got great battery life on the original battery.  I put it up for sale recently and I went to reload the original XP home back on it, because that is what the COA is for, and it stopped running off of the battery.  I can see that the battery is there and charging when I use the FN key combo, but it will shut off if the battery is removed and will not power on.  Using a voltmeter, the battery seems fine.  Any ideas?

3.8K Posts

August 1st, 2012 22:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. It could be an issue with the motherboard or the battery. Try using Dell Battery Meter to check if the battery is performing fine, or try another battery. Below is the link to install Dell Battery Meter. If it still shuts down then you may need a replacement motherboard.

Thank you.

17 Posts

Also link?

3.8K Posts

Sorry missed out on the link.

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-mini9

17 Posts

I have the battery meter from the driver disk with the FN 3 combo and it seems to say that the battery is fine.  I just don't understand how switching back to XP from 7 would have fried something.

3.8K Posts

August 2nd, 2012 05:00

I also recommend you try a different battery, to double check if its the battery or motherboard.

Thank you

17 Posts

August 2nd, 2012 09:00

I tried reloading 7 and it performs the same.  Some posts mention a "smart battery" driver and I don't see that, just the battery switch.  I think I might try the original STEC SSD with the factory load and see if that performs differently.

Is there anything that I could have accidentally unplugged while I had the SSD out that could have caused this to happen?

3.8K Posts

August 7th, 2012 23:00

Hi,

I dont think so. Have you tried another battery?

Thank you

No Events found!