Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2012 11:00

Month old Inspiron 17r SE 7720 stuck at dell logo screen.

I've had this Inspiron 17r SE 7720 laptop for about a month now, and it's worked wonderfully.  However now when I go to start it up it gets stuck at the Dell Logo screen, sometimes the bar fills up and it goes to a black screen. I'm able to get to the Bios by pressing Esc several times at the logo screen.  I've looked on forums and tried several of the suggestions that have been posted but I still haven't been able to get it to work.  I ran diagnostics and got Error Code: 2000-0332, and Error Code: 2000-0142.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

The the second error indicates a faulty hard drive - since the system is under warranty, call Dell and have the drive replaced - they should take care of both problems under warranty.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

Hi PandaNick,

I request you to send the system service tag to assist you further

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

4 Posts

December 27th, 2012 12:00

Hi Sujatha,

I went ahead and did as you requested and sent you the service tag.  Hopefully you'll be able to help me solve all this.  

January 22nd, 2013 10:00

Hello sujata , i ve the same laptop and a similar problem, at the bigining it was only a boost problem wich was solve only by click for secobd time the power buttom . Now on it doesnt even work with the second click. It only show the dell logo and later stays in a blak screen. I have less than a month with this computer and now im in a business travel. Te only way i can research for the problem is my cellphone could u get. In contact wtih mi via email. Is really dificult finding foros with the phone my enail is <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy> i eill really apriciate

No Events found!