Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 15th, 2013 07:00

New Video Card for Dell Vostro 3500

Hello,

I wanted to ask if it's possible to replace the video card alone in Dell Vostro 3500?

My current video card is GF310M which is not powerful enough to support gaming.

Is it enough to just upgrade my video card to support gaming? This laptop has Core i5 2.4GHz and 4GB Ram

What video card model do you recommend?

Thank you

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 15th, 2013 08:00

On some older systems, the video card was replaceable - on those made over the past five years, that is possible only in  the high-end Alienware and Precision mobile systems.   Your system has a soldered-in video chip, not a card - and there is nowhere to mount a video card inside the system.

2 Posts

Is this answer relevant to my laptop specifically? Since I do  know of Dell laptop users who buys video card components by itself.

I just don't want to get a brand new laptop if all I need to support new games is the video card

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

The only way to upgrade the video in the system is to buy a new system - you cannot install any video card internally.

There ARE some external video solutions that use an Express Card slot -- which your system does have -- but they must be used with an external monitor., so they effectively turn your notebook  into a desktop system.  They also tend to be very expensive.  One such device is the ViDock.

No Events found!