Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 9th, 2012 06:00

No Dell Audio Controls after Windows reinstall - Inspiron 15R SE

I just got a new Inspiron 15R SE (7520).  

When I first got it, if I went into the Control Panel and clicked "Dell Audio", I'd get a Waves MaxxAudio4 control panel application, which gave me access to audio presets and equalizers. 

I had to restore Windows today (ie reinstall the operating system) via the Dell Restore application... it seemed to go smoothly and restore everything to the factory settings, except now, when I go to the Control Panel and click on "Dell Audio", nothing happens. When I do a search from my start menu and cllick on Dell Audio that way, nothing happens either. No control panel application comes up any more, it's like a dead link. It just doesn't do anything when I click on it.

However, when I push the Waves Maxx Audio button above the keyboard, I can still scroll through the presets.  The only issue seems to be that control panel/audio management application is missing.

I've tried reinstalling the audio driver provided with my laptop (Conexant AudioCX20672-21Z Rev:A01) and it hasn't changed anything.

Could you please tell me how to restore access to the Dell Audio application again?

Many thanks, 

Julie

2 Posts

July 9th, 2012 07:00

I've solved my own problem.  I needed to download and install the latest "Realtek high definition audio codec" from the Dell website.

It was just luck that I figured this out, since when I searched for drivers for my Inspiron laptop, the Realtek Audio driver wasn't listed as one of the drivers for it. It also wasn't included on the Drivers & Utilities disc that came with my laptop.

For anyone else who has a similar problem, do a search on the Dell website for the Realtek audio codec/driver for XPS laptops. It will work on your Inspiron 15R SE as well. Download and install it, and you'll get your Dell Audio control panel application back. 

Cheers,

Julie

August 29th, 2012 19:00

Thank you! I've been searching through here trying to figure out what to do as well!!

No Events found!