Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2017 19:00

No Sound From Speaker & Headphone Jack On my Dell Inspiron 14z 5423 After Chnaging BAttery and Hard Disk

Hi,

My dell inspiron 14z 5423 no longer have sound from both the speakers and the earphone jack.

This happened after I replaced the Battery and also the hard disk from 500gb to 1TB and upgraded to windows 10.

Before this, I was using Windows 8.1 and everything was working well. I have returned it back to windows 8.1 but the no audio problem still persist.

Also, my speaker symbol on the task bar shows a "cross" sign with "no audio output installed" displaying when I hover on the speaker icon.

Please I need help. have tried all options i can think of including driver updates.

One more thing, the sound driver are not showing up on the device manager window where other drivers are displayed.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 25th, 2017 21:00

the sound driver are not showing up on the device manager window where other drivers are displayed.

Hello. Download this Win8.1 IDT audio driver for the Inspiron 14z 5423. There are two versions there -- get the one that says "File Format Hard Drive". Follow the installation instructions and see if the driver shows up in Device Manager.

If it doesn't, perform the PSA or ePSA sound test. If no sound during the test then there has been hardware failure. Could have happened during parts replacement.

No Events found!