Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2017 00:00

No display, no sign of booting only keyboard backlight is turned on and the fan spinning

I have a dell Inspiron 15 5558, it is not booting in, whenever I press the power button only the keyboard backlight turns on and nothing else happens, the screen will be blank and doesn't lights up.

I tried replacing the memory modules but it doesn't helps solving the problem. Sometimes after switching on and off for a number of times  the display turns on and functions properly u till it is switched off.

Please provide me with some solution.

My product is still under warranty (POW) will I be able to get a free service if any spare for the laptop has to be replaced.

Thanks in advance.

532 Posts

June 24th, 2017 07:00

Hi,

Welcome to our Community.

You’ve reached the right department. We’ll surely try to assist you. As you mentioned that the system powers on sometimes, we request you to complete the hardware diagnostics, so that we can know if there is a hardware causing the issue. You can refer to this link which has a video with the steps to complete the diagnostics. Kindly let us know the results. We’d appreciate if you can share a screen shot of the error.

Secondly, disconnect all the peripherals if any connected and power on the system. Also, try seating one RAM at a time and try powering on the system.

June 25th, 2017 06:00

Hi Lijo Joshi,

As suggested, I tried booting the system with a single RAM at a time but it didn't work, not even with a new RAM. When tried to do complete hardware troubleshoot using the ePSA, the CPU temperature rises and not allowing to continue with the troubleshoot.

When I tried troubleshooting all hardware, except the RAM and CPU everything passed the test.

What should I do if the temperature of CPU rises, the ePSA troubleshoot has never complete the test for CPU and RAM from the very beginning of the purchase of my system.

Should I take it to the nearby DELL authorised service centre as it's still under warranty.

Reply please.

Thank You,

Sriramkhanna

532 Posts

June 27th, 2017 06:00

Sorry that you are facing issues with the system. Please do not worry, we’ll try to assist you. Please provide us with the service tag/ Express service code via private message, so that we can check for more details and assist you. To send a private message, please click on my name and click send private message.

No Events found!