Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2012 00:00

No driver for my Dell Xps 14z

Hello,

My laptop is unable to install or find any driver for my Ethernet Controller(LAN).
And I really need the driver also I am unable to find it on the website.
Can anyone give me a link or help me put so that I can install the driver.

Awaiting a reply.
Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 6th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

Did you reinstall the Operating System? What operating system are you using? In Windows 7, by default LAN drivers are installed. Feel free to add me as a friend and send me the service tag of the computer via private message. I can try to look up the LAN card that is installed in the computer.

Regards,

2 Posts

June 6th, 2012 02:00

Yup I did reinstall the Operating System.

And I am using Windows 7 currently.

And Just a min sending you my Service Tag Number.

Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 7th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

Here is the direct link ;

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Check device manager to see if all device drivers are installed. Click start>Right Click Computer>Manage>Device Manger. If there is a yellow exclamation it means device driver is missing.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 7th, 2012 04:00

chan_98,

Did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order Notebook system utility and the chipset drivers first or the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Rick

1 Message

October 24th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

Did you reinstall the Operating System? What operating system are you using? In Windows 7, by default LAN drivers are installed. Feel free to add me as a friend and send me the service tag of the computer via private message. I can try to look up the LAN card that is installed in the computer.

Regards,

Hi, I'm having a similar problem with an XPS laptop I purchased off someone recently. I reformatted the hard-drive with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, but I'm receiving an error when I try to connect to the internet, saying : "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

I've installed every driver I can find on this website, for this laptop and I'm coming up short of a solution.

*Note* I have devices in the device manager with the YELLOW !, even after installing the drivers.

No Events found!