This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2016 09:00

No sound in my lap top

No Audio output device is installed

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 17th, 2016 04:00

Hello. That error message means that the audio driver is no longer communicating with the audio chip on the motherboard. This can be due to either software or hardware failure. The normal first step in diagnosing the issue is to download and install a fresh copy of the audio driver. You can start looking for your driver on the Dell Support home page.

If you reply back with the full model name of the laptop, and also its operating system, I can provide a direct link to the driver.

If installing a fresh copy of the driver does not fix the problem, please reply back with the full model name of the laptop and its operating system, and include any details you might have noticed at the time the audio failed. If you don't know the full model name, here is a utility [link] that finds your laptop's service tag, and shows you the model number.

4 Posts

December 18th, 2016 09:00

Thank you for your quick feed back

kindly send me the direct link  to reinstall the fresh copy

my lap top model is Inspiron 15 -5000 Series

operating system Window

thank you

and waiting for your reply

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 18th, 2016 21:00

my lap top model is Inspiron 15 -5000 Series

I'm sorry but that is the model line (Inspiron), screen size (15"),  and the series (5000). There are about 15 different models in that series.

The full model name will be Inspiron 15 55xx. Here is a utility [link] that finds your laptop's service tag, and shows you the model name.

operating system Window

In order to provide the link, I would need to know which Windows (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7).

Sorry to need so much information, but the drivers are made for specific models and operating systems.

4 Posts

December 19th, 2016 07:00

my operating system is window 8.1  single language,

service tag -  Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Dell lap Model INSPIRON 5558

hop the above information will be helpful for you to find the correct audio driver for me

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 19th, 2016 20:00

Dell lap Model INSPIRON 5558

The newest audio driver that Dell has released for the Inspiron 5558 is the Realtek 6.0.1.7737.

If you are unable to install the driver, or if you can install the driver but still have the "no audio device" error, go to the Inspiron 5558 support page/diagnostics. Scroll down and click on Sound & Audio to run a test off the audio system.

The error means that the communication between the driver and the audio chip has stopped. If installing the driver and running the test do not help, the audio chip itself might have failed.

4 Posts

December 20th, 2016 10:00

installed but not detected sound

same problem

error 10

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 20th, 2016 11:00

And you ran the test on the support page, right?

If the laptop is still under warranty, contact tech support.

If it is no longer under warranty, about the only thing left to do is to perform a system recovery -- in other words revert the laptop back to the original factory configuration by using the Factory Image.

If the issue is caused by anything other than hardware failure, performing a system recovery will fix it. In the more likely event that there has been hardware failure, then performing a system recovery will not fix it.

In the meantime, you can get audio through headphones or external speakers by getting an inexpensive usb audio jack. A usb jack has its own self-contained audio chip and does not use the one on the motherboard. The only drawback is that a usb jack cannot play through the laptop's internal speakers.

No Events found!