Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 8th, 2012 21:00

Non-Descript Connection Error Message at Startup

New Dell Inspiron N5050

After logging into Windows, I get the following message. It doesn't say what application generated the message or what server it's trying to connect to. I see nothing in the event viewer regarding it.  My internet connection is fine.  Clicking Refresh doesn't help.

Is this some of the pre-loaded software that I don't need?  If so, what application is it that I can uninstall?

Thanks.

June 8th, 2012 21:00

Hi Bubba81294,

Welcome to the community.

It appears, the issue is caused by some 3rd party software conflict. In this case you can try clearing up the startup items by performing the following steps-

Press and hold down the windows key on the keyboard and then press the “R” key. In the “Run” window type, “MSCONFIG” and hit enter. Click the startup tab and disable (by unchecking the boxes) all start up items except the antivirus and quickset.

In case this does not fix the issue, you can try performing a system restore by performing the following steps-

Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System tool and then system restore. Follow the prompts to restore the system back to the date it was working fine.

Let me know of the findings. Glad to be of assistance.

Chiranjeev

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

2 Posts

June 8th, 2012 22:00

That did the trick.  Thanks!  I disabled a bunch of the preloaded software that I don't need and it fixed it.

Appreciate the quick response.

No Events found!