Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Message

March 25th, 2019 11:00

Not charging

Hi, i just bought my new Dell G315 like 1 week ago. And i charged maybe 3 times or something and now its not charging. I dont know how i can describe it but power come and go to the computer. I dont know whats happening. what it could in be in just 4-5 days to charger? What can i do about it?

another questions. G315 charger is 180W. but i found my old dell charger but its 90W. It looks like charging but not so powerfull or fast i guess. Will be a problem?

12 Posts

August 4th, 2020 01:00

Hi, 

That is actually a problem with a few laptops of the same model. I too have the same laptop, but have not faced any issue like yours, but I   can help you with this. 

1. Try rolling back your windows 10 update or bios. 

2. If you use an adapter to charge, then you can try plugging in the charger to a wall socket. 

3. If it does not work, you can try changing your AC adapter, or your laptop battery. To check if the battery has the issue, remove the battery first, and then plug in the AC adapter, and try to turn on the laptop. If it turns on, then the issue is with the battery. 

Hope this helps, 

kind regards

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

August 4th, 2020 06:00

1.Click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager .

2.Expand the Batteries category.

3.Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall .

WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.

4.On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes .

Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes .

Windows will scan your computer for hardware that doesn't have drivers installed, and will install the drivers needed to manage your battery's power. The notebook should now indicate that the battery is charging

No Events found!