Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 14th, 2016 08:00

Num Lock indicator on Latitude E5550

Is there no way to visually see whether the Num Lock is enabled or disabled -- even if only at the time the button is pushed?  I guess I'm thinking of a utility or that briefly shows an indicator on the screen.

615 Posts

January 21st, 2016 21:00

Hi Adamup

In some Dell models, Dell's "Quickset" utility has an OSD (on screen display) for things like numlock and capslock. Here is the link to an older version of that util. I don't know if it will work on your machine as it's not "officially supported" by Dell for your model. You'll also need to run this in compatibility mode for Windows 7...unless you have windows 7 in which case it will either install correctly or produce a message that says it cannot. 

Here's that Link to Quickset

All the original support for your machine can be found at the support page for your model. Remember to select YOUR operating system to display the appropriate driver and util support.

Dell Latitude E550 Support Home 

If this information was helpful please click the YES button so others may find this solution easily. If you need further assistance don't hesitate to contact.

January 15th, 2016 00:00

Hello Adamup

Nice to hear from you.

Unfortunately there is no Dell utility that can help with your query. 

But, here is  nice tool which you can try from cnet downloads 

http://download.cnet.com/TrayStatus/3000-2094_4-75167720.html

though Dell has not tested it , but as per public review its one of the fines tool you can use.

Regards

January 16th, 2016 05:00

Hi,

Was the tool helpful??
Awaiting your response.

Regards

9 Posts

January 18th, 2016 05:00

"One of the fines tool you can use"???  The current version has only 4 votes total.  And, one of those is a one-star vote.

Can you please point me to the appropriate page on the Dell site to suggest Dell create a utility for the Latitude that does this?

Thanks!

1 Message

January 20th, 2016 15:00

5 votes as of today 1/20, and one of the voters states that Avira detected a virus.

Sounds like an over-sight by Dell.

January 21st, 2016 21:00

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no Dell utility which does the same job.

Regards

9 Posts

January 22nd, 2016 06:00

Can you please point me to the appropriate page on the Dell site to suggest Dell create a utility for the Latitude that does this?

9 Posts

January 22nd, 2016 06:00

N7U,

Yours was a very helpful answer.  Thank you!  Dell should send you a paycheck!  :-)

No Events found!