Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2011 14:00

Operating system not "validated" on my laptop model, interferes with dell updates

Hi all, my Windows action center keeps telling me I have urgent updates from Dell and the messages provide links to the Drivers & Downloads page of the Dell website. I know my model and service tag, everything.  MY PROBLEM is that my Studio 1555 laptop has now had Windows 7 32-bit for almost 2 years (it is just over 3 years old and first came with 32-bit Vista which was terrible), BUT the option to select Windows 7 32-bit is UNAVAILABLE! I only have the option for Windows 7 64-bit and Vista 32 and 64-bit.  I tried to update with 7 64 and vista 32 selected but I got error messages when I attempted to install...... figured that would happen, but hey I had to try.

What can I do? I would like to update my machine but Dell apparently doesn't have drivers to support windows 7 32-bit on Studio 1555s. And WHY is that?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

September 21st, 2011 14:00

Perform a clean install Windows 7 64 bit. Instructions and download links are in the guide below.

You can max your memory out to 8 GB if you want from crucial here or offtek here. (Run the crucial scanner to check for compatible upgrades, it seems to have both DDR2 and DDR3 upgrades, the scan should tell you if its one or the other).

No Events found!