Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 31st, 2014 09:00

Permanently Turn Off Touchpad Tapping

How can I permanently turn off touchpad tapping on my XPS 14 running Windows 8.1? When I'm typing something, my cursor location jumps unexpected, I resume because I'm accidentally tapping the touchpad. Not good. I've tried to turn tapping off via the Control Panel mouse settings, but my settings aren't taking. I've also tried to turn off the whole touchpad, but again without luck. I've checked that my Synaptic driver is up to date.

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

May 31st, 2014 23:00

Install Touchfreeze (free). It will shut down pad when you are typing.

1 Message

May 31st, 2014 13:00

• SFRDELL WROTE THE FOLLOWING POST AT 31 MAY 2014 10:38 AM:How can I permanently turn off touchpad tapping on my XPS 14 running Windows 8.1? When I'm typing something, my cursor location jumps unexpected, I resume because I'm accidentally tapping the touchpad. Not good. I've tried to turn tapping off via the Control Panel mouse settings, but my settings aren't taking. I've also tried to turn off the whole touchpad, but again without luck. I've checked that my Synaptic driver is up to date.

2 Posts

June 1st, 2014 07:00

Thanks for the solution. I will install Touchfreeze. I am miffed that's required. If a 3rd party can do it, why can't Dell, Synaptic or Microsoft provide the fix as a native capability in the touchpad driver? Steve
No Events found!