Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 6th, 2013 15:00

Plugged in, charging but won't pass 70%

Mine is an Inspiron 14z, running window 7 ultimate. The last 2 days, my battery will only charge up to 70% then it just stay there although the icon shows "plugged in, charging". 

I've tried a couple things:

-Unplug-plug

-Pull out the battery put it back on.

-Uninstall/ Install Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery

-Restore to point before this occur. 

7 Posts

May 13th, 2016 05:00

Hi I am experiencing the same problem. After downloading the BIOS, when I run i, I get a message that the Flash Can't work on the same BIOS? What to do now

1 Message

June 7th, 2016 15:00

hi dear there  is no desktop mod in my laptop

2 Posts

November 1st, 2016 11:00

Mine is like this... Windows 10, Anniversary Edition... no options associated with extended life.

2 Posts

November 1st, 2016 11:00

Great job Dell! The responses to individual posts don't fall in under the post, they are responses to the master post.... making my answer useless. But, since the whole thread is useless, guess it doesn't matter. This Dell has been a great machine, but the help here is pathetic.

December 16th, 2016 07:00

I just uninstalled the microsoft ACPI compliant and restarted my laptop entering the battery but the dell extended battery life can not be seen. Please help me to find this back.

December 22nd, 2016 07:00

Sorry, either this method is incorrect for me or i have mistaken it. please give me a video clip for the BIOS settings.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 22nd, 2016 08:00

:emotion-2:

Please list Dell model number and version of windows. Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

In the meantime, I'd  suggest you check status of AC adapter and battery in the BIOS setup.

1. Power off computer.[ make sure AC adapter is connected to computer].

2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F2 key continuously. You should be in the BIOS now.

Under the main tab, look for the option that says "AC adapter type". If the AC adapter type says Unknown or None then it's most likely a problem with the adapter. Note: You can wiggle adapter while checking it in the BIOS.

Under Advanced tab, look for Battery Health, it should say "Battery Is Performing Normally". If it says any other message then it's a problem with the battery and most likely needs to replace with a new battery.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please keep this in mind:

Laptop Battery FAQs

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Also,....

There are different power managements setting that might prevent 100% charge. One such is Dell Quickset application - Battery Meter App). It would look something similar to the images below:  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 22nd, 2016 09:00

Or.....

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 22nd, 2016 09:00

No Events found!