Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2015 15:00

Port replicator XX6F0 vs PR03X

I'm having trouble understanding whether XX6F0 and PR03X are the same thing or not.

From what I understand PR03X is the older model, with old version of DisplayPort, and XX6F0 is the new model with DisplayPort 1.2.

But, my company ordered a recertified XX6F0 and we got a PR03X. We sent it back stating that we got wrong version, and we got another PR03X instead. The model name on the back says PR03X.

Am I totally confused here and XX6F0 is exactly the same as PR03X???

I'm unable to get DisplayPort daisy chaining working with PR03X...

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

June 3rd, 2015 08:00

Hi Pchernik,

Thanks for posting.

From the information that I can find.  The XX6F0 is a better Display Port.

PR03X

Maximize your workspace with the Dell™ E-Port Replicator. This Simple E-Port Replicator gives you a comfortable work space where you can plug a keyboard, mouse and monitor to the port replicators and use your laptop like a desktop! Simplified connectivity facilitates a single interface to connect to your printer, monitor or other peripheral devices. This product is tested and validated with Dell Systems. It is supported by Dell Technical Support, when used with a Dell system.

The product includes 130-Watt Power Adapter / Cord DPN: JU012 / 0JU012

Features: 5 x USB - 4 pin USB Type A / 1 x eSATA/USB / 1 x network - RJ-45 / 1 x display/ video - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) / 1 x display/ video - 24 pin digital DVI / 1 x display/ video - 20 pin DisplayPort / VGA / Audio Ports

DP/N: CP103 / XX066 / 0XX066 / 7K99K / 07K99K / T308D / 0T308D / PR03X / 0PR03X / PRO3X / OPRO3X PW380 0PW380

XX6F0

The E-Port Replicator with USB 3.0 from Dell is a space-saving port replicator suitable for home and office environment which enables connection to your desk peripherals. This docking station includes a latest USB 3.0 technology enabled by Intel in Ivy Bridge. It has replaced the 2 USB 2.0 connectors with the USB 3.0. Plus, the Display Port 1.2 adds the ability to daisy chain displays (4 displays via 1 connector). Also it offers an adaptor complexity reduction. This product has been tested and validated on Dell systems. It is supported by Dell Technical Support when used with a Dell system.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!