Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 2nd, 2016 10:00

Precision 7510 Outputs to Only One Monitor through E-Port Plus Advanced Port Replicator

Has anyone had any issues with the Precision 7510 only outputting through one DisplayPort output on the E-Port Plus Advanced Port Replicator?

Our organization recently started to introduce Precision 7510 units to our employees, and we're finding that they will only output to one single monitor connected via DisplayPort through the E-Port Plus Advanced Port Replicators - even though there are two monitors connected into the two DisplayPort outputs on the E-Port Plus APR. If the monitors are connected via DVI, the Precision 7510 is able to output to both of them through the E-Port Plus APR. 

We have tried Precision M4800, Latitude E7450, and Latitude E7470 units in these E-Port Plus APR's with two monitors connected into the two DisplayPort outputs - and they all work correctly.

The Precision 7510 units have the NVIDIA Quadro M1000M video cards, and the E-Port Plus APR's are connected to either a pair of P2417 monitors or a pair of U2414 monitors.

2 Posts

October 26th, 2016 13:00

Disable Switchable Graphics in the BIOS. That should solve your problem.

2 Posts

October 4th, 2016 08:00

I have also run into this issue and it started happening around Friday last week. My organization has about 20 of these in service. Although, one of my users is using DVI cables and having the same issue.

I have, thus far, been unable to find a solution to the problem. In both cases it appears that it may be the optional updates my users are running that is downloading the Intel Integrated Graphics driver. Which in turn is making a single monitor unusable. I have also tried reinstalling Nvidia Drivers, Chipset drivers, and replacing the docking station itself.

In one instance I replaced the dock with a new one, out of the box, and his system functioned with both displays for about 4 or 5 hours, but returned to the way it was running previously.

This is all quite frustrating.

No Events found!