Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2010 00:00

Problem making the remote control M1330 with windows 7

Hi guys I just upgraded my XPS M1330 to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional but I have to problems the first one and most anoying is the fact that the remote doesn't work!! I installed the driver but every time I start windows it points an error is there other driver I should install? The other problem is that I noticed that in the dipositive administrator I have a couple of drivers missing for the dispositives conected to the PCI 3 bus, dispositive 1 function 2 and the PCI 3 bus dispositive 1 function 3. Is there any way this missing drivers are affecting this and if its not the case what drivers are the ones I'm missisng?. I really hope you can help guys!

64 Posts

August 8th, 2010 18:00

Did you solve your remote problem?  I just posted a registry fix that enabled my remote on the M1330 under Win 7, 32 bit.  Search for remote and M1330 and you should find it.

November 8th, 2010 20:00

Hi guys I just upgraded my XPS M1330 to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional but I have to problems the first one and most anoying is the fact that the remote doesn't work!! I installed the driver but every time I start windows it points an error is there other driver I should install? The other problem is that I noticed that in the dipositive administrator I have a couple of drivers missing for the dispositives conected to the PCI 3 bus, dispositive 1 function 2 and the PCI 3 bus dispositive 1 function 3. Is there any way this missing drivers are affecting this and if its not the case what drivers are the ones I'm missisng?. I really hope you can help guys!

Maybe you can submit it as a bug to the develpoing staff, Is it a bug?

64 Posts

May 26th, 2011 18:00

Here is the suggestion for a registry change that could enable your remote.  Sorry I didn't post it the first time.

(Dell support only told me (incorrectly) that the remote would not work with Win 7 (or that Win 7 wasn't supported on the M1330, which isn't exactly the same thing.)..but they had no help for me.)  It is apparently a registry setting that is not turned on that prevents the travel remote from working in Windows 7.  Here is the instruction for making the change:

Enable Universal Remote Control - If you have a universal remote control you may need to enable it. A reboot is required for this setting to take effect.

Registry key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da

Registry value - EnableDebounce

Registry value data type - REG_DWORD

Registry value data - 1 = enable universal remote control; 0 = disable universal remote control

I was not able to find the exact key as my first key ended in db rather than da (all else was the same).  I made the value change in the "db" key and also the "dc", just to be safe.  I think it was already 1 in the key ending in df.  I don't think that it would hurt to change others if the first two don't enable the remote, but in my case, that is all it took.  Reboot before trying the remote.  Dell should really have this fix available from their support team.

I hope this helps.

1 Message

June 18th, 2011 08:00

Thank you for this - apparently the travel remote is the Samsung MCE remote. I change the entry in the "db" key noted above and it works!

No Events found!