Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2015 23:00

Problem with Critical Process Died.

I'm using Alienware 17 and today when I try to upgrade my window 10 for a new patch, it ran into preparing automatic repair and I got stuck there for like 30 min. I chose to restart my laptop and when I hit the log in screen, I typed in my password and it sent me to a blue screen and said " your PC ran into a problem bla bla bla and the last sentence is Critical process died" it restarted itself and keep make me to the log in screen again and again and again. I tried to run into safe mode and it didn't work. I feel so hopeless now. If anyone has any idea how to fix this please help me. I really appreciate !

December 21st, 2015 23:00

critical process died, generally is generally caused when a critical component of windows detects that is data has been modified when it should not have been. It assumes that something bad modified the data and shuts down.

It could be errors reading a the driver from the hard drive, or a error in memory, or another driver is writing to memory that does not belong to it.it is most likely another driver writing outside of its own memory area corrupting the memory next to its memory. for these cases it is best to go to your laptop vendor and download any driver updates.

OR Try below driver update Links

www.dell.com/.../advanced

downloadbasket.com/.../alienware-17-drivers

4 Posts

December 22nd, 2015 05:00

I couldn't log in to my laptop so how can I do that ?

1 Message

February 15th, 2016 02:00

I couldn't log in to my laptop so how can I do that ?

Hi Merliodas,

Did you manage to solve this issue? I am having an identical issue with my Studio 1749. I have Windows 10 upgraded and recently it tried to add some updates upon turning it back on I have the "Critical Process Died" error and NOTHING seems to work! I can't even get to the Log-in screen, not able to start in safe mode either! I am beginning to think it's the hard-drive! :(

Thanks,

Paren

No Events found!