Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2016 21:00

Problem with Dell System Detect

I am trying to install DSD on my Inspiron 15Z - 5523 laptop. I tried to use it and got the message "Cannot start application - application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor."  The report I get is:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 6.2.9200.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.36366
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.0.30319.36366 built by: FX452RTMLDR
    clr.dll             : 4.0.30319.36366 built by: FX452RTMLDR
    dfdll.dll             : 4.0.30319.36366 built by: FX452RTMLDR
    dfshim.dll             : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/DellSystemDetectLauncher.Application

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\User\Desktop\DellSystemDetectLauncher.Application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [06/11/2016 9:09:28 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\User\Desktop\DellSystemDetectLauncher.Application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [06/11/2016 9:09:28 AM] System.UnauthorizedAccessException
        - Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.GetUserStore(UInt32 Flags, IntPtr hToken, Guid& riid)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore..ctor(ComponentStoreType storeType, SubscriptionStore subStore)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore..ctor(String deployPath, String tempPath, ComponentStoreType storeType)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.get_CurrentUser()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

Would it be possible to help solve this problem?

64 Posts

November 6th, 2016 07:00

Hi..Yes I am using windows 10. I cannot delete the 2.0 folder becuse popup says it is in use.So ,stop it in task manager?uninstall the program and delete the 2.0 folder then reinstall? I would like for my security software to trust the program on its own.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 6th, 2016 07:00

:emotion-2:

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system.....

Please click on link below, hopefully it will be of help.

Dell System Detect could not be started in Windows 10:

www.dell.com/.../SLN302974

10 Posts

November 6th, 2016 08:00

Thanks for the quick reply. I should have mentioned I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise on my machine.

However I did delete the 2.0 folder, but it did not help.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 6th, 2016 11:00

" I should have mentioned I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise on my machine "

Please check "Programs & Features' to make sure Dell System Detect isn't listed. If no, then I'd suggest you temporary disable Anti-Virus software and firewall on the system, and then try again to install Dell System Detect.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 6th, 2016 11:00

Posted by Humbirdz:

I had the same problem .What I found out is my Nortons Security flagged the exe file as a security risk and removed the exe file to quarantine.I had to go into Norton  firewall to allow the system detect.The exe file is still in quarantine but my system still gets detected on the driver page since allowing the program through the firewall.What is interesting is it was not flagged until I updated system detect to the latest version.The system detect file that I allowed through the Norton firewall still has a big red X setting it as dangerous..Dell needs to fix their program to get it to play nice with security suites.Hope this helps .

en.community.dell.com/.../19996469

10 Posts

November 6th, 2016 17:00

DSD was not listed. Disabled AVG and firewall and tried installing....No joy.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 7th, 2016 06:00

Secondly.....

Please click 'Update Now' in the link below to install Dell System Detect. Hopefully it will install this time.

Dell System Detect: Common Questions:

www.dell.com/.../en

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Or.....

install from your Dell Support Product page. You'll have to click on the 'Guide Me' option on link below:

www.dell.com/.../drivers

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

I have a few more suggestions here.....

First:

Run Dell Preboot Diagnostic tool to check the hardware that might be causing errors/problems on your computer.

1. Turn off your computer

2. Power on computer, quickly tap the F12 key continuously. You should see the Diagnostic screen. Reports any error codes.

www.youtube.com/watch

I also like to suggest you run the System file checker. It scan for any corrupted system files that could be causing errors/problems and fix those corrupt files as well.

a) Press Windows key + X key at the same time, select Command prompt (Admin)

b) In the command prompt type the following command: sfc/scannow and press enter

If no corrupted system files were found , then I would suggest you try the following steps below:

a) Select Command prompt (Admin)

b) In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command....  

DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 7th, 2016 07:00

Please keep this in mind.....

Dell System Detect Security Update

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 7th, 2016 07:00

Lastly.....

- You can try installing Dell System Detect from another browser - internet explorer, Chrome, Firefox)

- Go to sleep mode and try to install it from there.

- Try creating a new user account,log into that account, and then try to install DSD again.

- Install Dell Support Assist instead of DSD.

www.dell.com/.../supportassist

If none of the steps work then I suggest you contact Dell Technical in link below. Hopefully one of the Dell reps or someone else can charm in and be of help.

www.dell.com/.../Contact-Information

No Events found!