Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2012 17:00

Problem with SD card...

I use my Dell laptop to make tuning changes to the ignition system and data log for my race car.

I am using an Innovate LM-2 to monitor the air fuel ratio of the carburetor.  The LM-2 is recording to the SD card as I can replay the logs on the LM-2 unit.

The problem arises when I attempt to download the data from the SD card to my laptop.  I am using a Targus card reader plugged into a USB port.

When I plug the card reader with the SD card plugged into the card reader into my laptop I get the message "The disk is not formatted.  Would you like to format the disk now?"  When I click "yes" I get the message "there is no disk in drive E: please place a disk in drive E: and try again".  When I click "Ok" I get the message "the disk could not be formatted".

Can someone please provide a solution to this problem?  Any help will be GREATLY appreciated...

45 Posts

August 13th, 2012 19:00

The problem could be coming from the SD card. Have you tried using a different SD card?

943 Posts

August 17th, 2012 15:00

Hi ChristophrC1234

I would definitely help you. In order to fix this issue, there are few steps which we can try.

• Try to connect a different Known-good SD card; this is to rule out the memory card that is not being detected.

• After that try to use the SD card with a different computer in case you can.

• Try to run memory card diagnostics with the below  mentioned link:

www.dell.com/.../CardReader

• I will also suggest you to update the Ricoh Chipset / Realtek  Card Reader from the below mentioned link:

www.dell.com/.../NeedProductSelection

• Please type the Service Tag (7 digit alphanumeric code ending with number 1) which you would find at the bottom of the laptop) click on submit.

• Select operating system and click on find drivers and downloads.

• I am also providing you one more link that will provide you step by step instruction for installing drivers :

support.dell.com/.../document

Please share the results with me so I can help further.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

2 Posts

August 20th, 2012 07:00

thanks a lot Prateek P my SD card is detecting now . I hope it will work for other members as well ..

accept my friend request dear .

No Events found!