Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2017 19:00

Problem with XPS 13 9350 and Intel SSD 600p series

Bought a new Intel 600p series 512GB PCIe drive for my XPS 13 9350.  Here are the stats:

512GB, M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0 x4, 3D1, TLC

Link

Upgraded to the 1.4.14 BIOS before doing this due to issues I read about with previous firmwares.  When I put the new drive into the computer and power on, the power light goes on but nothing ever comes on the screen, no Dell logo, nothing.  Tried F2 and F12 to see if I could reach BIOS, nothing.  If I put the old drive back, it boots fine.  I thought this drive should be compatible.  Is it DOA or something else happening here?

Original drive in machine was Samsung PM951.

1 Message

April 4th, 2017 09:00

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem; when installing the Intel 600p SSD drive, nothing happens, is like the display never comes up...

What I discovered is that, if you change the boot mode to Legacy, secure boot: OFF, it works.. or, at least you can boot to BIOS and the NVMe drive is recognized, but whenever you change the boot mode to UEFI, it goes back to the first symptom..

Still trying to work this out..  any one else has done something to solve the issue?

1 Message

April 12th, 2017 23:00

Hi, I have encountered the same issue. I solved it by changing the BIOS setting:

1. System Configuration --> SATA Operation, set to "Disabled"

2. Secure Boot --> Secure Boot Enable, set to "Disabled"

I have successfully upgraded the SSD to the Intel 600p 1TB by referring the link:

www.laptopmag.com/.../upgrade-dell-xps-13-ssd

Hope it helps you.

April 16th, 2017 14:00

Thanks so much, this worked

No Events found!