Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2013 10:00

Problems with audio jack in Latitude d620

Hello,

I think that my audio jack is broken. I listened to a music yesterday and everything was ok. Today, I put plug to audio jack but music is playing from speakers, not from headphones. When I looked at the place where plugs is audio jack doesn't look similar like from mirophone as always.

What could I do with this?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 18th, 2013 10:00

When I looked at the place where plugs is audio jack doesn't look similar like from mirophone as always.

If it is physically displaced then it is probably broken where it is connected to the motherboard. The audio jacks in the D620 are not intended to be replaceable. An easy workaround is to get a little usb audio adapter. You can use the adapter to plug in your headphones and use the internal Sigmatel audio to play through the laptop speakers if you want. You would have to switch between the internal and the usb audio in the Sound properties because you could not have both on at the same time.

Also you could try re-installing the Sigmatel audio driver (expand the Audio category on the D620 downloads page after first selecting your operating system in the drop down menu), but if doing that does not help then you have a hardware failure of the jack.

No Events found!