Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2012 16:00

Quikset look

My laptop is Inspiron N5010., I want to install quickset so that when i increase/ decrease volume/brightness, it should show up on the monitor the way XPS laptops show. I mean the UI. I know this is possible cuz i installed one quickset which showed up the same UI as xps laptops., now i forgot the version., please recommend.

5 Posts

October 8th, 2012 17:00

You didnt get my point. I want the display to be changed. I know all the functions, keys and everything., all I want is to see the second image design when i press something., not the design in the first image., or you can do this., can you tell me the which XPS/Studio quickset version is compatible with inspiron n5010.

943 Posts

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

In order to increase the volume press FN+F12, and if you want to decrease it press FN+F11.

The keyboard combinations are listed in the table below( see below image)

(click on the above image)

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K 
#iworkfordell

5 Posts

I'm getting this

But I want this

943 Posts

Hi

You can install quickset application for the below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/TnsItg

After that open windows mobility center and click on the drop down arrow on function key row and select “function key or media keys”.

Also check in programs and feature if older version of Quickset is available please uninstall and then reinstall the new one.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards 
Prateek K 
#iworkfordell

943 Posts

October 11th, 2012 19:00

Hi Kabhi

Unfortunately, there isn’t any XPS quickset software compatible with Inspiron model…, however you can try to install the driver from the below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/QUR1wz

Please reply if you have any further questions

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

No Events found!