Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 3rd, 2014 12:00

RE: Have not received a reply concerning my post on January 13, 2014 on the subject "Dell Inspiron: Black screen and 7 beeps."

This is the message that I wrote on the problems that I am having with my Dell Inspiron Laptop: 13 Jan 2014 diannewade577 moderate diannewade577 in Laptop Dell Inspiron: Black screen and 7 beepsLaptop General Hardware Forum A couple of days ago I was trying to use my laptop as I normally do usually on a daily basis, when I turned on my laptop there was a Black screen, next came 7 beeps. I turned it off, waited a little while and turned it back on...still nothing. I unplugged the laptop from the adaptor and waited till the next day thinking that maybe it would fix itself. I repeated the process of turning on the laptop and the Black screen was still there....again the 7 beeps about a couple of seconds later. I have read many people on this forum having the same problem......I cannot afford to go out and buy another laptop, nor can I afford to pay for repairs. I am unemployed with a Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice and trying to get on with either an attorney or our local Sheriff's Department in St. Tammany Parish. I have also read that if this is a continual problem with all of Dell's M5030 laptops, then there should be a recall and those that are having these problems with their M5030s, should have these problems fixed either by Dell or an affiliate of Dell's, like where I bought my Dell laptop from (Best Buy) without being charged. This is considered a manufacture defect, especially since I have only had my laptop since April, 2011...not even 3 years old. If I am told that I will have to pay for repairs I am going to send a letter to Ashford University (School I graduated from), University of the Rockies (attend), AARP and AAA and inform them of the problems that I have had with getting this problem resolved without cost to me. I hope that this will be resolved real soon. If you take care of the issues with my laptop without cost to me, I will definitely send a positive letter to these institutions, but only if I don't have to pay for parts, labor, etc. When I recommend something, people take me at my word and buy the products that I suggest. Sincerely yours, Cheryl Dianne Wade Now the question is....do I get my laptop fixed for free or am I going to have to go without my laptop until I can get a job and buy a new laptop? If I have to buy a new laptop, it sure won't be a Dell and you can bet that I will tell all my friends, family, schools and colleges that I have attended not to buy another Dell product and to either buy from Sony or another company that will insure that their customers are satisfied. I have had Sony before and never had a problem with my desktop.....it died after 6 years of being used on a daily basis. My laptop does not get used on a daily basis and have only had it for less than 3 years. Do I have to attain an attorney to get this problem solved or what? Dianne Wade

94 Posts

Go to youtube.com and type in Dell 7 beep problem and you may get some answers.

Thank you Missleman for replying to my post as you were the only one. I cannot believe that no one from Dell replied to my message. I can tell you this much...I won't buy another Dell product ever. If this works....even if it is only temporary, I will do this until I can afford to buy another laptop. My daughter and son-in-law both have Sony Vaio's and have had theirs longer than I have had my Dell Laptop ( a little over 2 years) and theirs are still running and have only had minor problems that Sony took care of without costing them anything (even after they were out of warranty)...Sony cares about their reputation and costumers. My next laptop when I can afford to buy another one will be a Sony...they make good quality products and my desktop lasted me for over 6 years. Sincerely yours, Dianne Wade

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 3rd, 2014 13:00

If you're outside Japan, you won't be buying a Sony -- Sony is exiting the PC market except for Japan.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/06/sony-vaio-sale/

Sony actually has a pretty bad reputation with PCs - part of why it's exiting the market.

No Events found!