Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 8th, 2009 21:00

Reccomendations For A Laptop

I am mainly looking at a Studio 15 for myself.

I plan to mainly be gaming and doing H/W however I am not what you would call a 'hardcore' gamer, that said I would love to play these games as smoothly as possible with as little lag as possible (mainly play WoW/CS:S).

Atm, I have this following option and I would love to know, in your opinion, what would (out of say 10) this option come up with, given my preferences, in points of:

~ Performance

~ Value for money

~ Life-span

Option:

http://configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=au&cs=audhs1&kc=&l=en&oc=S510205AU&s=dhs

This is just the standard Studio 15 worth $1699 however I have made a few major changes such as software (Home and Office), which comes to just under the 2k mark.

Any help will be VERY much appreciated :D

March 8th, 2009 22:00

Anyone got anything? :D

4.6K Posts

March 9th, 2009 07:00

Anyone got anything? :D

You put up your original post at 4.54am (GMT), and you've asked just 21mins later (5.15am), if anybody has suggestions :emotion-3: :emotion-40:

Anyways... the standard configuration (Core2Duo @ 2.40GHz, 4GB RAM, and 512MB ATI HD4570) should be fine for the games you've mentioned.

The only available upgrades are very expensive, and definitely not worth they're asking price!

$470.69 to upgrade from the default 4GB RAM - 6GB 800MHz :emotion-3:   Gimme a break :emotion-43:

1.6K Posts

March 9th, 2009 07:00

Best gaming value/money proposition is a desktop.  You're looking at a lower-mid range system - it won't do high-end gaming well.

Consider buying a netbook for portability, homework and browsing and then buy a desktop for your gaming.  Total cost will be less than $2,000 - well under, in fact.

No Events found!