Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2016 17:00

Recovery USB questions

I just picked up a Dell 7559 the other day. Its my first laptop in like 10 years, always had self built desktops. I just wanted to know about what is actually saved on the recovery usb with the dell app. When I click save system files, does it save all my programs and games that I have already installed before making this usb? For the most part, I would care if it didnt save games and some programs.

Also, I am able to transfer the files to a backup folder somewhere so I can continue using my 32gb usb? I just used it to test but I still need to use it. I plan to pick up 16gb specifically for it.

Side question - does dell have an app to tell me which drivers needs updating? I did the 40min diagnostics test thinking that would tell me but it didnt. Have to go one by one and compare versions.

Thanks

1.8K Posts

February 7th, 2016 14:00

Hello,

You may want to start out with this support / informational article about the Dell USB Recovery drives.  I think between the article and associated videos it will answer all your questions.

If you have additional questions please click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of your Inspiron 7559.   Please keep all discussions and troubleshooting steps here on this public forum so that others, with the same questions, can see what is discussed.

Todd

No Events found!