Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2014 16:00

Refurbished XPS 11 will not work in tablet mode.

I ordered a XPS 11 Refurbished and it came in the mail yesterday. It would not turn on in tablet mode out of the box. It operates in Laptop mode. I have updated all drivers but they are not new they are the same as what is installed on the system. I have done a factory reset aswell this did nothing to fix the problem.

I am feeling burned and think im gonna have to return it. Any advice?

3 Posts

August 21st, 2014 07:00

I have the same issue.  First refurb XPS 11 2 in 1 shipped had keys that didn't work and wouldn't charge.  Dell sent another.  It is also a refurb.  But this one will not work in tablet mode.  The screen goes black.  Sleeps, but if you turn off sleep mode, close lid into tablet mode it goes black, upon opening it again error message   "intel graphics driver has crashed and recovered."

So I uninstalled driver and installed the stock windows driver.  Closed lid to go into tablet mode and the display stays on, but no touch support, the keyboard shuts off like it's supposed to but the touchpad works, thats the only way to move the cursor in tablet mode (with the still functioning touchpad on the back).

I've tried Dell's driver, I've tried intels driver, i've tried windows driver.  dell and intels graphics driver causes no display in tablet mode.  windows stock driver works but no touchscreen ability.  Im about to have to contact dell A THIRD TIME.

No Events found!