Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2009 19:00

Removal of blemishes

I've recently purchased a Studio 16 XPS laptop. It's a great looking laptop, shiny black body with brushed aluminium trimming, except for two small blemishes below the keyboard. One of these blemishes reads 'Intel Centrino 2 Inside' and the other reads 'Windows Vista'. Can anybody advise me on how I can remove these blemishes without damaging the nice shiny black body.

950 Posts

October 16th, 2009 21:00

Not really anything that won't leave worse blemishes behind. Why do the stickers bother you...it's only a computer. What only really matters is how well the guts perform.

October 17th, 2009 00:00

If that was all that really matters then why bother making a good looking computer. I like the look of the Studio XPS laptops but those stickers really detract from its appearance, which is why I refer to them as blemishes. Plus they serve no purpose, if all that really matters is 'how well the gust perform' then why do I need a sticker informing me that it uses a Centrino 2 CPU and if it runs Windows why do I need a sticker telling me so when it quite obvious when I turn it on?

950 Posts

October 17th, 2009 09:00

Well I guess I don't fall in love with the aesthetics of a computer like you do.

Your questions are good ones. They should be directed to Dell and other PC makers. Part of the reason the stickers are on there is of course because of licensing agreements.

You might try a product I have used successfully if it is still available.

It is called Goof Off...no joke. It is an adhesive remover not caustic like say acetone. First you must pry a corner of the sticker up carefully. Use your finger nail or a very thin tipped plastic scribe. Then soak it liberally under the sticker and work them off. If you are successful without marring the surface then remove the excess Goof Off with alcohol.

Hope it works. It did for me. I did not remove the logo stickers but corporate proprietary stickers that were just like the logos.

950 Posts

October 17th, 2009 12:00

They still make it. www.goof-off.com

October 17th, 2009 16:00

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to see if this product is available in Australia.
No Events found!