Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 3rd, 2009 09:00

Ricoh R5C833 drivers for Windows 7 on M1330?

Hi

I have installed Windows 7 64bit Home Premium on my XPS 1330 and all seems ok. The only device I am having problems with is the Ricoh R5C833 Card Reader. I installed the Vista 64bit drivers R168331 (A02) and although these seem to install ok when I insert a Sony Memory stick, windows confirms that I need to reformat the card. If I connect another reader I can access the drive ok so it is definitely a problem with the reader.

Can anyone confirm where I can source proper Windows 7 drivers?

137 Posts

November 4th, 2009 13:00

Tis ok, I have now sorted this. I completely uninstalled all drivers and Ricoh devices (deleting the drivers) as I went. After rebooted I let Windows scan for hardware changes and it managed to find drivers for the MMC and xSD reader parts on its own. This left just the Sony Memory Stick device that it could not sort out.  I downloaded the SXPS 1645 drivers R234107, which were the most recent Ricoh drivers I could find. I launched device manager and manually installed these drivers by pointing to the drivers folder instead of using the setup.exe file. With all three drivers installed I rebooted and tested and all works ok now.....phew.

This is a bit of a faff but at least it is a solution.

137 Posts

November 3rd, 2009 14:00

For more information the specific problem is definitely with the memory stick reader as the SD card reader works ok.

I have now tried lots of specific Windows 7 drivers including: R188776, R227769, R234107 and R240788 and whilst they all install ok either I get the above card needs to be format message or it just hangs when trying to access the memory stick. If I plug my PSP into my laptop with the memory stick in then this is read without issue so this is definitely a driver issue. All these drivers work ok with SD cards.

I have even tried other laptop drivers but no joy.

Please can someone help?

8 Posts

December 10th, 2009 08:00

I'm having the same problem.... but I cant read SD cards.

219 Posts

January 11th, 2010 13:00

I'm having the same problem.... but I cant read SD cards.

mlchris2:

did you remove/uninstall the existing Ricoh drivers, reboot and then install the latest Ricoh drivers (R234107) as smjohns mentioned?

try using different SD cards with less capacity (1GB or 2GB SD types) if SDHC (high capacity SD) cards don't work with your laptop.

1 Message

February 6th, 2010 23:00

Finally solved my problem with both an 8 gb sdhc not being recognized and inability to find Ricoh drivers that would work. Same problem recognizing usb flash drives. I used this info from usb flash drive manufacturer and it worked for the sdhc card problem too:

First check that your key is not plugged before windows starts. Before connecting your key to your PC, make sure that all USB ports are well validated in the BIOS, and ensure that the starting of Windows is well ended (you must to see all icons on the desktop).

Under VISTA :

Vista already contains drivers for USB keys.

But like every new OS of Windows (in particular basic OS) they are some problems, in particular with USB peripherals.

Try to make an update of your OS, or to contact Microsoft or your computer manufacturer.

However, here is an advice which can help you to install the key manually:

In fact, the required driver that is useful for the recognizing of your USB device is already contained in Vista.

But you must to define the path manually.

For this doing, choose "search a driver on my computer (advanced)" during the installation, and give the information "C:WINDOWS\winsxs".

Click on 'next' until the end of the installation.

Your USB device is successfully installed and can be used now.

If the key is still not recognized, try the same manipulation, but this time specify the path "C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32" (You probably have to repeat this procedure many times for a complete installation of your device).

If the problem persists after trying the previous manipulations and after updates, please contact your reseller to proceed for an exchange of your key (also test on another PC and prefer a connection to the rear of your PC)

No Events found!