Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

December 28th, 2006 09:00

Running Games on an E1405 (World of Warcraft)

Ok so i recently ordered an inspiron E1405, i ordered it specifically for school and work, but i also got the highest specs possible on it incase i want to play any games on it (Specifically World of Warcraft)

The Laptop should be here in about 7 business days, and i would like to know how well it would run World of Warcraft on it, including the expantion.

Specs :

Inspiron E1405, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7200 (4MB/2.00GHz/667MHz)

14.1 Inch TrueLife Wide-screenWXGA+, for Inspiron 640M/E1405

2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 533MHZ,2 DIMM for Inspiron 640M/E1405

Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950 GM, for Inspiron 640M/E1405

80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive for Inspiron 640M/E1405

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 28th, 2006 09:00

Very poorly, if at all. This is the wrong system for that game, due to the onboard integrated video.

And no, it cannot be upgraded.

8 Posts

December 29th, 2006 07:00

@ejn63 wrote:
Very poorly, if at all. This is the wrong system for that game, due to the onboard integrated video.

And no, it cannot be upgraded.

Absolutely. I run a T7200 with a gig of RAM and a 7200rpm hard disk, and the video card kills performance on anything. Benchmarks like an old Pentium III in my closet. I want to sell this and cart my components over to an HP with a decent nvidia or ati card!!

You should get the e1505 with upgraded video if you ever hope to play games at anything past a basic level.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 29th, 2006 10:00

I would be careful to analyze the reputation of HP before downgrading from a Dell to an HP or Compaq notebook - HP and Compaq are easily the worst notebooks on the market.

8 Posts

December 29th, 2006 13:00

Ive heard a lot of people carry the same about HP/Compaq laptops, but I'd have to disagree. I've actually had a lot of problems with my Dell so far, and although tech support has been pretty understanding, its getting old. I liked my OLD Compaq! Besides, the performance is absolutely killing me on this Dell. I really do think my $1200 could have gone further somewhere else... maybe i should have gotten the 15.4" if I really cared.

The worst laptops on the market are the eMachines/Gateway black ones (like the M-series?). My brother got one... something breaking was a bi-weekly ritual.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 29th, 2006 15:00

The HP/Compaq hardware is about the same as Dell (and just about everyone else except for Lenovo and Toshiba, which still make some of their own notebooks).

Where HP falls apart is on service and support - and make sure you get an extended warranty, as you haven't seen anything until you see HP/Compaq part prices.

December 30th, 2006 04:00

Ok, so i just recieved my laptop. After reading the replied i was really mad because i really thought that i would not be able to run world of warcraft on it. But right when i got the laptop I uninstalled all the extra dell puts on the laptop, and installed World of Warcraft, updated it with the patches, and logged into my account. Right when i got in the game everything ran perfectly but then i realized that the setting were set to the lowest possible settings. So I cranked everything to the maximum and restarted the game, again i was surprised that the game ran as well as it did, it was a bit laggy, but was working just fine, all i had to do is tone down some of the settings, and i could feel the game run a solid 45-55 FPS. To be honest i think my decision to upgrade the memory to 2 gigs and CPU to the Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz is the reason for the performance. I understand that if i try to run a game thats more graphically intense then WoW i would encounter problems, but for now im more than happy with the results. Ive also ran the Burning Crusade beta on it, and it was working just as good as the original WoW. Thanks again guys for the replies, really apprecite you taking the time to reply.
No Events found!