Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2013 12:00

Screen Stretching on XPS 12 (9Q33; Intel HD 4400)

Hi,

I'm afraid I have another question. I'm trying to work out how to get games running in full-screen despite being at lower than the native resolution (essentially, I want to be able to run games at 1280x720 but have them fill the entire screen, without black borders).

The Intel drivers (latest version) support "screen stretching" to achieve this, but only when a lower-than-native resolution is selected in Windows. The moment that 1920x1080 is selected as the resolution in windows, this setting becomes fixed to "Maintain Display Scaling", with no option to change it. This has the effect that, if I use 1920x1080 as my Windows resolution, games always display with black borders at lower resolutions, because Alt+Tab-ing out to change the setting changes the resolution back to that of Windows, and thus hides the other options.

At the moment I can get screen stretching in games to work only by first changing the Windows resolution to one lower than that of the native resolution. Having to do this each and every time I want to play a game is slightly tedious, and I was wondering if there was some option I was missing to add back Screen Stretching as an option so that I don't have to keep wasting time like this.

Many thanks for your help!

4 Posts

August 28th, 2013 14:00

Hmm. This seems to be the case with Intel graphics nowadays, but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

No Events found!