Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2016 02:00

Screen flicker on low brightness level with Dell Inspiron 15 7000 - 7559

I bought a new Dell Inspiron 15 7000 - 7559 core i7 with touch display about a 4 days ago. I've noticed the screen flickers on low brightness level. (below 30%).

If you have any solution for this please let me know.

Thanks

August 31st, 2016 02:00

Hi Pricreations,

Updating the BIOS firmware, along with the chipset and video drivers should ideally fix the issue. Please visit our support site and enter the service tag. Then under drivers and downloads, select the right operating system that you have and it should show the drivers available.

August 31st, 2016 15:00

i updated all the drivers with BIOS. But still problem there.

what can i do for this ? any solutions.

September 1st, 2016 02:00

Is the screen a Ultra HD display, there is a known issue with Flickering with the UHD configurations. Please confirm the resolution of the display.

September 1st, 2016 05:00

Yes my screen is UHD (4K Touch) display.

My Service Tag is:  Service tag removed per privacy policy>

that issue in hardware side or software side ? :emotion-6:

i am waiting for your reply. :emotion-1:

September 2nd, 2016 02:00

Please unzip using Winrar and run the update from the file attached. [View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3518/UHD-Update-tool_5F00_2.rar:0:0]

September 2nd, 2016 07:00

Thanks for the update.

i updated but brightness flickering still there. its flickering only between 0% to 30% brightness level. above 30% brightness level i can't notice brightness flickering. i have no idea what to do for this :emotion-6: i love this laptop. is this a hardware fault in LCD Back light ?. i bought this laptop last Saturday. from 1st day this is happening. if you have any solutions for this tell me. i try & let you know.

September 3rd, 2016 11:00

Hi There,

Please find the attached pdf file.

Thank you.

September 5th, 2016 10:00

Thank you for sharing the file. There doesn't seem to be any issue with the hardware of the system. Please check if the screen flickers or if you can replicate the issue while in the BIOS or the diagnostics screen.

17 Posts

September 12th, 2016 02:00

I have the same problem 7559 4k screen UHD and it flickers from 0 to 30% I have the latest bios and drivers. going to the bios  and lowering the resolution does not create the problem. I think its more to do with when whites are displayed but you must know better. The update tool you gave here fixed the problem little bit but not gone for sure. kindly ash the uhd manufacture LG(I suppose) to give another firmware fix. thanks

September 12th, 2016 23:00

"going to the bios  and lowering the resolution"

Any update after downgrading the system BIOS ?

4 Posts

September 14th, 2016 12:00

Hi. I bought my inspiron 7559 4k about a month ago or more. About 3 days after I bought it, I noticed the screen flickering issue below about 30% brightness. I talked to dell via email for about 2 weeks, and tried updating and reinstalling everything. No luck. Since then, school has started and I have just been using the laptop at a higher brightness waiting for any info on how to fix this. It's good to hear that it is a common issue. But even on higher brightness, occasionally I'll notice a slight flickering of gray and whitish backgrounds.

September 15th, 2016 11:00

i gave my laptop to Dell Partner Direct Service center in my country they replace the LCD Panel.Now display working perfectly no more flicker in display but new display white balance is not good its bit yellowish.

17 Posts

September 27th, 2016 03:00

Well Yes there are 2 kinds of lcds I have seen in this. yours now has lower brightness at 100% than before and screen colors are not as  they were in the previous lcd. the only other option is see is to make profiles in the intel display software where you control the brightness and then right click the desktop and  change the profile. so instead of electronically controlling the voltage to the led's we can try controlling the brightness etc etc.  You will notice the yellowish lcd has more yellowish to the right of the screen. try recording a video from your cellphone camera and then you can see if this lcd is perfect or not. I was hoping a firmware fix for this lcd because the one  they will change is not as crisp as this one.

No Events found!