Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2016 16:00

Sound/Audio crackles and gets stuck with lot of disturbance often

Hello. I have a dell Inspiron N5110 and I had a similar problem occur over a year ago where the audio would crackle and stop and it would freeze in the middle of playing and the screen would get stuck. I have not had that problem since last year when it went away on its own.  However, since last week, I have been having similar issues where the audio is working fine one moment and on a different account on the laptop, but on the main account it freezes and crackles and there is disturbance. I have restarted my laptop 3 times and the 3rd time it went away for the most part but then it came back. I have used compressed air to try to clean out my air vents, but I am not sure how successful it was because I did not see much or any dust come out.  My last system update was two weeks ago. How can I fix this? Thank you. 

January 29th, 2016 20:00

Hi, 

Thanks for writing to us. 

Just curious to know does the issue happens on a particular user account?

Have you tried updating video , audio drivers and the BIOS?

Have you made any hardware or software changes lately?

How about in from earphones?

20 Posts

January 30th, 2016 04:00

Hello,

It happens on the main account, the administration one. And how do I update the drivers? And I have not made any changes to the hardware or software (that I know of)  unless ithe changes are ust doing the system updates time to time. And I know that if you listen without earphones you can hear it fine, but that is on a non admin account. I will try it on mine without the earphones.

January 31st, 2016 21:00

Hello, 

Nice to hear from you, 

That sounds strange as the drivers are same for any number of accounts. 

Does the issue happens on just the audio files or video files from any source?

Would request you to update the BIOS from support.euro.dell.com, enter your system tag number, chose the operating system and install BIOS.

Regards

February 3rd, 2016 17:00

Hello

We are awaiting your response still.

Regards

No Events found!