Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2009 14:00

Studio 1535 - Can't ship a box?

I was upgrading to Windows 7 and my laptop, after a manditory restart, stopped turning on. Nothing on the screen, audible attempt at booting but no response.

I'm well within warrenty, so I called Dell. Hours on the phone, and they were going to send me a box (just a box) so I could in turn send them my laptop to be fixed. Simple.

This was on the 6th of November. It was supposed to take 2 business days. So since then every 2 days I get a call from Dell explaining that it is coming in two business days. Nothing comes, there's no more information. I obviously backed up before I installed and I have another computer, but it's insane that they can't send me a box in less than 2.5 weeks. I'm only going to be at my current location for another few weeks before leaving for the holidays.

So I have no laptop, none of the programs from that computer, etc. Is there some other box I can send my laptop in? Is there some way to get them to try sending A SECOND BOX?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 24th, 2009 14:00

The USPS Large Flat Rate Priority Mail box can fit a laptop. Just make sure you use plenty of bubblewrap. If you know the address, the postage will cost you $10+.

No Events found!