Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

5 Posts

November 20th, 2008 07:00

Studio 17 Vista Ultimate with AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 problems

Studio 1735, Vista Ultimate, received approx 7/11/08
Display issues with AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 Version: 8.477.0.0

At default resolution 1920x1200 default DPI (96dpi 100%) the type is too small to read
Tried 150% (144dpi) as is legible. This caused Windows Explorer maximum window size to be incorrect.
Tried checking the XP style box. This corrected the maximum window issue, but on trying to use the web, the pages are messed up as it seems that the graphics are still at 100% and the text at 150%.
Tried lowering the resolution but got a black border down to 1440x900 (which is completely unacceptable!!!) and below that the display was too big and too fuzzy.
Tried the forums and eventually found the thread "Cannot change resolution on Studio 17?" with a link to the new "AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 Version: 8.533.0.0000, A03"
Dell's website states that the computer is shipped with the latest drivers, but mine came with Version: 8.477.0.0
I downloaded the new driver from
http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R200374&SystemID=studio1735&servicetag=916614J&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=16521&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=2&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=6&fileid=277814
and followed the instructions to install.
The installation failed part way through with the message:-

Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.Implementation, Version=2.0.3182.4658, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have managed to recover my system with System Restore, but my display problems have not been resolved.
I posted my problem on the forums thread "Cannot change resolution on Studio 17?" but have had no response.
As this was an old thread, maybe no-one has seen it. So I have started a new thread.

Has this update problem already been reported? Is there a revised update due?
Tried Dell Chat and got the message:
Dell Chat currently supports: Dimension, Inspiron, OptiPlex, Latitude and Vostro product lines.
Tried Email Technical Support and got the message:
E-mail Dell technical support is only available for hardware support covered under Dell's limited warranty. For all non-hardware related issues, e.g. software questions, virus removal, etc. please call our chargeable software support number 0870 353 3300 or click here.
This looks like a software issue, on a brand new computer with software provided by Dell, but it appears they don't want to know unless I pay even more.
So is my only recourse to return the computer, or as its over a week old, am I too late for that as well?
Please, can anyone help.
What can I do now?

121 Posts

November 25th, 2008 03:00

Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.Implementation, Version=2.0.3182.4658, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

Hi,

Try right clicking on the file(AMD Graphics) and run it as Administrator, I had almost the  same problem, and using Admin

rights allowed the new updated graphics to install.

If that doesn't work, remove the current drivers from Add/Remove in Programs ans Features section of Control Panel first.

Pixiegirl19

5 Posts

November 28th, 2008 03:00

Me again. Dell phone support fixed the problem using dellconnect. They finally did a custom install of Studio ATI Drivers but of just the ATI Catalyst program (deleting the old one first with ControlPanel>ProgramsAndFeatures). The installed drivers were left untouched. I can now get 1440x900 on WUXGA. Okay, not as sharp but readable. Thanks.

Edit: I now see my driver is 8.533.0.0 - he must have done a Device Manager driver update while I wasn't concentrating. Sorry.

623 Posts

November 28th, 2008 10:00

FWIW:  Latest ATI unified Catalyst driver...http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

No Events found!