Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2009 05:00

Studio Xps 1640 Ebay Problem.

Hi guys.

i bought a laptop from ebay nearly 2 weeks ago. when i got it dell website did not accept my service tag. i thought i have to register it and didnt check whats wrong. but now i talked with the costumer service and they are telling this laptop was a replacment and the user has to be send it to back dell but he didnt do that. when i contact with the seller on ebay he is telling me that he sent a laptop back them and they have to remove block on your service tag. i cant return so

what must i do right now?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 28th, 2009 05:00

Return the system to the seller for a refund.

32 Posts

November 28th, 2009 06:00

With my knowledge, that person has to send back the system to Dell first so Dell will send him a replacement after receiving the old one.

However, my suggest is : RETURN IT TO THE SELLER ON EBAY FOR REFUND IMMEDIATELY ! 

14 Posts

November 28th, 2009 10:00

i contacted with the seller and he told me he refunded dell a computer and this was the second one call them and search what is going on? i cant make a refund because we accept all terms i left positive feedback to him.  is there any way?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 28th, 2009 10:00

You can file a complaint with EBay, but basically you have an orphan system that it sounds like the seller won't support - and without registered ownership, neither will Dell.

No Events found!